Persons with lived experience to advise the Oxford County Drug Strategy Project Steering Committee
The Oxford County Drug Strategy is seeking Persons With Lived Experience to participate on the Oxford County Drug Strategy Steering Committee. Your knowledge, skills and expertise will be crucial in the development of a local drug strategy, including an overdose response plan for Oxford County.
We are seeking people who:
- Use drugs or have used drugs and/or family members of people who use drugs
- Are dependable and willing to work in partnership with local agencies, first responders and people who use drugs (PWUD)
- Will actively participate in monthly meetings
- It is anticipated that approximately 5 hrs. of your time will be required each month to attend meetings and review documents
- Are interested in sharing insights and expertise about their lived experiences in ways can inform prevention, treatment and harm reduction work in Oxford County
This is a volunteer position, but includes payment of a $50 honorarium for each meeting attended as a token of appreciation for your time and expertise. In addition, travel expenses to attend Project Steering Committee meetings will also be reimbursed.
Please apply to:
Manager, Health Protection
Oxford County Public Health
410 Buller Street
Woodstock, ON N4S 4N2
Tel: 519-539-9800 ext. 3502
In person: Working hours from Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm