EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PART TIME
Role: Data Management Coordinator (DMC) – Part Time Contract (2 days per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Woodstock, ON (with some travel to Ingersoll and Tillsonburg where necessary)
Effective date: ASAP
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages and provides data support and data management functions for the Oxford County Community Health Centre ( OCCHC ). Some functions may be able to be performed remotely.
|JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|1||Manage and provide data support and data management by undertaking the following responsibilities:
· Develop and oversee the implementation funder-compliant data entry, extraction and transfer systems and protocols and assess training needs, train and support staff to use established procedures.
· Manage processes to support complete and accurate entry of data by developing and implementing systems and protocols.
· Ensure high quality data is available for extraction as needed by developing and ensuring the implementation of systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors.
· Ensure local system changes and enhancements support user needs and are compliant with system-wide processes and standards.
· Participate in formal user requirements processes and ensure that implemented solutions meet identified user requirements.
|2||Development of Management and Ministry Reports:
· Develop, generate, analyze and interpret data reports
· Timely submission of reporting to funders
· Produce information to support management decision making by developing, generating, analyzing and interpreting data reports.
· Identify areas for improvement in data collection and quality and to develop plans to implement improvement strategies.
|3||Data Management Assistance:
· Provide EMR and lab set up to new providers
· Train new providers on the EMR
· Complete monthly trending reports
· Create templates, letters, flowsheets in the EMR
· Complete monthly provider audit reports
· Participate in monthly South West User Group meetings
· Participate in Alliance for Healthier Communities (AHC) learning events and training
|4||Program Evaluation / Quality Improvement Project Management:
· Ensure that allied health professionals are part of at least one quality improvement initiative annually
· Work collaboratively with community stakeholders, identify community issues then develop, implement, monitor and evaluate strategies, services and programs to meet the needs of primary care clients.
|5||Management of Information Systems:
· Liaise with the Information Technology Specialist to ensure that Information Management Systems are meeting requirements for data management and system needs.
· Assist with the back-up to the Information Technology Specialist when needed to liaise with the Alliance for Healthier Communities, the Integrated Support Service (MOHLTC) and other help desks in resolving and escalating data support issues.
|6.||Education and Formal Training Required:
Minimum level of education, formal training or equivalent required:
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; or diploma combined with relevant experience
Other required certificates:
Certificate in databases
Special experience / skills / knowledge:
· Experience in a Community Health Centre setting preferred
· Proficiency in the use of computers and various database programs including Access / SQL
· Knowledge of and commitment to community health and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary, diverse setting
· Awareness of legislative issues concerning health care, employment law and Human Rights
· Ability to relate and interact with clients, colleagues and community representatives in a professional and purposeful manner.
· Experience as a computer trainer, including assessing training needs and developing plans to address them at a range of skill levels
· Experience in data quality management
· Ability to work with little supervision
· Ability to set priorities and to deal with a heavy and detailed workload in a busy environment
· The nature of the work involves constant interruptions and requires attention to be divided among several issues at once. There is heavy use of computers and working at a computer monitor, although there is opportunity for regular breaks. There is a high level of knowledge and skill application required.
Summary of Functions:
· Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT) – Maintenance and Query Writing
· M-SAA and QIP Dashboard to the Board of Directors Quarterly
· QIP reporting – Quarterly
· Data Management training for all staff
· Ad Hoc reporting as required
· EMR training for staff as required
· EMR template creation as required
· OHRS reporting (quarterly)
· Trending reports
· Provider audit data pull – monthly
· EMR schedule set-up for new staff
· EMR Letters
· EMR Helpdesk
· Set up with liaising labs
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office at 519-539-1111.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a supportive quality work environment.
To apply to become a member of the OCCHC team, please send your resume and covering letter by email to email@example.com or by mail to ”DMC Position”, Oxford County Community Health Centre, 35 Metcalf Street, Woodstock, N4S 3E6 by 4 p.m. on Monday, February 31st, 2019.
We welcome all qualified applicants who are interested in joining our dedicated team; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.