How to contact OCCHC staff:
- Note: There is no OCCHC extension to call youth housing support staff.
- David’s work cell phone (call or text): (226) 232-6863
- David’s work email: email@example.com
Program Hours and Service Delivery:
- Services and supports are offered 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- There are no services offered after 5:00pm weekdays, or on weekends in general.
- Due to COVID-19, supports and services are being offered virtually (zoom), by phone (voice call and text), email, or in-person (following public health guidelines for keeping each other safe).
Are you concerned that a youth (under the age of 18) is experiencing abuse or neglect? Please call the Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County:
- Local: (519) 539-6176
- Toll-free: 1-800-250-7010
- Website: https://www.casoxford.on.ca/
How to make a referral to the Youth Housing Support program
About Youth Housing Support:
- Anyone can make a referral to the program by contacting the HSW (see above) or filling out a referral package (click on the links below).
- HSW Program poster
Youth Housing Support referral package:
The Youth Housing Support program proudly receives annualized funding from the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
How to make a referral to the Transition Aged Youth Coordinated Response (TAY-CR) program
TAY-CR referral package:
Important notes for filling out and submitting referrals packages
It is ideal if you fill out the referral package with the youth. It is important they knows that:
- the referral is being made and that they can expect a follow up call form OCCHC.
- from the start we will actively partner with them and other people/services in their life to better support their success in community.
The TAY-CR professional consent form by default includes OCCHC, Oxford CAS, Wellkin and Youth Justice Services.
- Youth Justice Services is pre-checked on the form as a workaround because we currently do not have permission to use the logo for the TAY-CR program).
Please contact program staff (see above) with any questions you have about completing the forms.
Physical/Mental Health Emergency Resources:
IMPORTANT: The Youth Housing Support and TAY-CR programs are not crisis services/resources.
If you’re experiencing a physical or mental health emergency and need immediate help:
- Call ‘911’ or go to your local hospital emergency room department (e.g., Woodstock Hospital, Alexandra Hospital (Ingersoll), or Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital).
- Mental Health Engagement and Response Team (MHEART):
- Website: https://cmhaoxford.on.ca/programs-services/mheart/
- In Woodstock, call Woodstock Police Services at 519-537-2323 and request MHEART.
- Outside of Woodstock, you can contact OPP at 911 or *OPP on your cell phone and request MHEART.
Mental Health Crisis Resources:
If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis and need to talk with someone.
Kids Help Phone (Available 24/7)
Talk Line: 1-800-668-6868
Text Line: 686868
Reach Out (Available 24/7)
Local: (519) 433-2023
Wellkin (Woodstock location)
Available Mon. to Thurs. 8:30am-4:30pm and Fri. 8:30am-4:00pm.
Local: (519) 539-0463
Trans Life Line (Available 24/7)