Chronic Disease Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) – 1 Full Time (37.5 hours/wk)
Are you interested in working in an organization where the team and professional standards are highly valued; where quality of care and the quality of employee working life is respected and where you can make a difference in the health and well being of your clients?
Oxford County Community Health Centre (OCCHC) is a non-profit, community governed organization created to address the health needs of community members who face barriers to achieving living full and healthy lives. Our inter-disciplinary team has a mandate to provide primary health care, health promotion and illness prevention programs within Oxford County. Our target population includes: those with mental health and / or addictions issues; low income individuals and families; seniors living in isolation; adults with complex chronic conditions and youth at risk.
We are currently recruiting for one energetic full time Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) with the drive and vision to further develop our Chronic Disease Program. As the Chronic Disease Nurse Practitioner, you will see clients in group settings and one on one. You will work with other members of our interprofessional team including: Physicians; Nurse Practitioners; Nurses; Physiotherapists; MSWs; Outreach workers; Dietitian and Health Promoter, to effectively and efficiently serve our clients within the broader determinants of health framework.
Expected outcomes for this role include: creation and continuation of specific clinics with eventual attendance by most clients diagnosed with a chronic disease; quicker and more consistent access to care; a decrease in ED visits and improved overall health and wellbeing. You will also participate in case conferences, consult with and be a resource for other team members.
• Masters degree in Nursing with a Primary Care NP designation or Baccalaureate Nursing degree with an extended class diploma, from a recognized university.
• Current Registration as an RN-EC and a member in good standing with the CNO.
• Must have at least two years recent primary health care experience as a Nurse Practitioner and experience working with clients with a diagnosis of complex chronic disease such as Diabetes and COPD.
• Strong initiative and experience in developing and implementing new programs is required.
• Ability to work with our target population with innovation, cultural understanding and non-judgement.
• Strong communication skills in English and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills, are required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within an interprofessional team, is required.
• Strong computer skills including previous experience with an Electronic Health Record (preferably Nightingale on Demand) are required.
• Reliable, flexible transportation is required.
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector check prior to commencing employment is required.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment. Should you require accommodation in making an application, or any other part of the recruitment process, please contact our office. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a supportive quality work environment.
Thursday, January 4, 2018
Monday, January 29, 2018 – 4:00pm
HOW TO APPLY