Something for Everyone.
Our primary care team of doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses work with people who are experiencing mental health challenges or struggling with addiction or are a family with a low income or are an isolated senior or are a youth looking to improve their health.
Our registered dietitian provides expertise in food and nutrition to anyone in Oxford County.
Our therapists provide confidential mental health counselling.
Our outreach workers lead, assist and/or support action on community health issues, provide support to any community member.
Community health programs are also available such as education groups for people who have COPD or diabetes.
If you have a family physician, you are welcome to attend the community health programs offered at OCCHC.
A range of programs and services are available to meet your needs – visit our calendar for an overview of what is available.
Our services continue to grow and change in response to the needs of the community.
Primary Health Care Services
Healthy people living in a healthy community go hand in hand. Our clinical services and health promotion programs include:
- Assessment and management of health conditions
- Ongoing treatment of chronic illness (e.g. Diabetes and Heart Disease)
- Education and support for self care
- Illness prevention and health promotion
- Laboratory services (e.g. blood tests)
- Influenza vaccination (Flu shot) clinics
We offer nutrition counselling with a Registered Dietitian:
- Nutritional counselling for all life stages
- Disease management
- Disease prevention
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- Diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Disordered eating and eating disorders
- Bowel disease
Group programs that the dietitian will offer include:
- Nutrition education sessions
- Cooking programs
- Collective kitchens
Our therapists provide confidential counselling sessions for people dealing with stressful life changes, family conflict, feelings of anxiety and depression and other concerns. Some services the therapists offers include:
- Individual counselling
- Self help groups
Community Health and Wellness
We collaborate with other local agencies to identify opportunities to promote health and wellness through programs, groups and events. Health promotion programs include:
- Education and support for self care for people with conditions such as osteoporosis and diabetes
- Health events designed to meet the needs of individuals, families and communities
Our outreach workers collaborate with other local agencies to help anyone in Oxford County with:
- Form completion
- Getting identification
- System navigation
- Groups for adults and youth
The Outreach team also acts as a resource and advocate for individuals, groups and communities.
Our physiotherapists diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability. For our publicly funded program, you must meet one of the following criteria to qualify:
- Be 65 years or older
- Be 19 years old or younger
- Be receiving ODSP
- Be receiving OW
- Be admitted to hospital for the injury or condition for which you are seeking treatment.
For more information, please review the Ontario Community Physiotherapy Clinic Program information sheet.