Executive Director – Randy Peltz
Provides overall leadership and management to the organization. Implements board policies and strategic directions.
Director of Primary Care and Community Health – Christina Smits
Oversees the delivery of OCCHC services throughout Oxford County. Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of health services, health education and promotion programs.
Office Administrator – Linda Sparks
Ensures the smooth running of the OCCHC physical site and infrastructure, supporting the Executive Director.
Medical Secretaries/Receptionists – Teresa Sheehan, Carolin Hodges, Kerry McLean & Cathy Shepard
Operates and maintains appointments, chart and document management, and third party billing systems. Conducts clerical, administrative support and reception functions. Welcomes people at the reception desk and starts the registration process.
Primary Care Team
In these teams, salaried professionals will work together in a collaborative practise to address the health needs of their clients.
Physicians – Dr. Joel Hamilton, Dr. Karl Astaphan (Locum) & Dr. Elaine Parker (Locum)
Treats illness and helps people learn how to keep well and feel healthier. Provides high quality medical care to people of all ages who do not already have a family doctor. Evaluates and treats medical problems. Identifies and gives advice about risk factors for disease.
Nurse Practitioners – Melissa McNiven, Tina Arthur,
- A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse with advanced university education who provides personalized, quality health care to patients
- Ontario nurse practitioners provide a full range of health care services to individuals, families and communities in a variety of settings including hospitals and community based clinics in cities and smaller towns in Ontario.
- Work in partnership with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals such as social workers, midwives, mental health professionals and pharmacists to keep you, your family and your community well.
Registered Nurse – Sarah Irwin
The registered nurses focus on providing triage, assessment, screening, healthy lifestyle support and education with a goal of improving health outcomes and facilitating access to services.
RNs provide care for complex patients and those that require extra time and attention to develop a plan of care and assist clients to optimize health, enhance understanding of health status and engage in managing their own health.
Our registered nurses acquire and maintain a comprehensive understanding of health and social services. They are also involved in many initiatives aimed at improving the health-care practise as well as individual and community wellbeing.
Registered Practical Nurse – Libby Harmer, Natalie Deroo
- Treats illness and help people learn how to keep well and feel healthier
- Provides high quality medical care to people of all ages who do not already have a family doctor
- Evaluates and treats medical problems. Identifies and gives advice about risk factors for disease
- Provides primary care services including nursing assessments, health education/counselling, history taking, follow-up care and health promotion.
Physiotherapists – Angela Rizzo & James MacWhirter
- Provide help for people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice
- Maintain health for people of all ages, helping people to manage pain and prevent disease
- Is science-based profession that takes a whole-person approach to health and wellbeing.
Primary Care Social Worker – Jenilee Cook
- Provides system navigation and connection to resources within the community health centre, the larger Oxford County community and surrounding areas
- advocacy and mediation
- suicide risk assessment and
- safety planning; group facilitation; individual, family, and couple, brief solution-focused therapy
Community Health Services Team
The OCCHC Community Health Services team includes health promoters, community outreach workers, a dietitian and social workers/therapists:
Outreach Workers – Trevor McLellan, Katelyn Elliott (Woodstock) & Amanda Mueller (Tillsonburg & Ingersoll)
Leads, assists and/or supports action on community health issues. Collaborates with members of the community and organizations to identify, amplify and solve health issues through program development, public education, outreach, advocacy and community action. Provides one-on-one system navigation support to anyone in Oxford County.
Therapists – Kathy Nyman and Carly-Ann Matos
- Offers counselling and therapy when people need help coping with stress, difficulties at school, caring for a sick family member, and dealing with a severe or unexpected illness
- Involved with group work, and individual counselling as well as referrals to other resources
Registered Dietitian – Angie Cornwell
Provides nutritional care functions. Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates programs for individuals, families and the community to promote better nutrition. Therapist develops, implements, monitors and evaluates programs for individuals, families and the community to promote mental health and well-being.
Housing Stability Outreach Workers – Allison Leger & Jade Davies
Supports individuals experiencing homelessness in Oxford County with securing permanent housing and achieving improved housing stability.